City of Richardson Announces 2018 Festival Dates
Music enthusiasts, art patrons, and families can plan ahead for the City of Richardson’s upcoming festivals. Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival will happen on May 18-20 in Galatyn Park Urban Center. Cottonwood Art Festival will be held on May 5-6 and October 6-7 in Cottonwood Park.
Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival brings internationally recognized music acts to Richardson, for a three-day event that is the epitome of a spring music festival. From main-stage performances with superstars, to a craft beer garden, to singer songwriter acts and roaming performers, this is a weekend the whole family will look forward to each year.
Cottonwood Art Festival is considered a preeminent art show in North Texas, with museum-quality exhibits from artists around the country, live musical performances, an interactive children’s area, and an array of food and beverage choices that can be enjoyed within the ambience of lovely Cottonwood Park.
Cottonwood Art Festival event details include:
- The festival will be held Saturday, May 5, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday, May 6, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. And Saturday, October 6, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday, October 7, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Cottonwood Park is located at 1321 W. Belt Line Rd., one block east of Coit Road in Richardson, TX.
- Parking and admission are free.
Now in its 49th year, the semi-annual Cottonwood Art Festival is a juried show. Jurors have selected more than 240 artists to exhibit their museum-quality work at the festival. The artists compete in 14 categories: 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Digital, Drawings/Pastels, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metalwork, Painting, Photography, Sculpture and Wood. The artists’ works are available for purchase, as are food and beverages.
Whether shopping for art, listening to music, enjoying the outdoors, or making art of your own – Cottonwood has blossomed into a local tradition that growing audiences eagerly await.
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/CottonwoodArtFestival
Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival event details include:
Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival includes live performances by national, regional, and local bands, the singer/songwriter contest, the family friendly WF! Kids, the WF! Eats, and the WF! Marketplace. Performers Row showcases strolling entertainers, buskers and acrobats. Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival will also feature a battle of the bands contest, the Budding Talent Competition, and the Art Guitar Auction. Tickets will be available for purchase on March 1, 2018.
- The festival will be held Friday, May 18, 6 p.m.–12 a.m., Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m.-12 a.m. and Sunday, May 20, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Galatyn Park Urban Center is located at 2100 E. Campbell Road, Suite 100
- Facebook –facebook.com/wildflowerfestival