The Great Walk
Here's one piece of earning a Spirit Stick at the Opening.
This event is all about participation!
Divisions: A B BB C D E
Start Time - Friday, August 15 5:15 p.m.
End Time - 7:00 p.m.
You must be at the half-way point for check-in by this time to receive your point!
Rain-Out: Call the Weather Line for the most current information:
972-744-4301. If Rained out, this event will not be rescheduled.
2351 Performance Drive
Richardson, TX 75082
- No check-in is required, however you must begin at the "Start Tent" on the Plaza at Galatyn Park.
- All walkers who wish to be counted must pick up a token to leave at the mid-point.
- Participants are encouraged to wear something to identify they are with a specific company. (i.e. current or past team shirt, button, stickers, etc.)
- Participants can begin at 5:15 p.m., but must be at the mid-way point and checked in by 7:00 p.m.
Points will be awarded based on the following range of walkers (1 pt for every 6 walkers, with a max of 30 pts):
- 1-6 walkers = 1 pt
- 7-12 walkers = 2 pts
- 13-18 walkers = 3 pts
- 163-168 walkers = 28 pts
- 169-174 walkers = 29 pts
- 175+ walkers = 30 pts
Companies will compete against their own division and be ranked on total participants. Standard Corporate Challenge Scoring will be used.
There is no uniform requirement, however participants are encouraged to wear to identify they are with a specific company.
There is no general governing body for the event:
- Walkers will start anytime between 5:15 and 7:00 p.m. and complete the same one mile course.
- At the start of the walk, each walker must stop by the "start tent" and obtain a token.
- Volunteers will be stationed at the start tent to hand out tokens, however, it is EVERY PARTICIPANTS RESPONSIBILITY TO GET A TOKEN BEFORE STARTING THE WALK.
- As each walker reaches the half-way point he/she will drop their token into their company's respective container, which will be clearly marked.
- This is not a timed event, but participants must reach the half-way point and drop their token into their company container by 7:00 p.m. - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Water and first aid will be provided on the course.
- No Awards will be given at this event.