In December 2009, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security added Dallas-Fort Worth to the nation’s top ten terror targets. Terrorist attacks and increased law enforcement efforts make communities and individuals more aware and improve their ability to cope with emergencies.
Are you ready?
Preparing for a Terrorist Attack
- Develop an emergency plan.
- Make sure your Emergency Supply Kit is ready.
- Identify an internal room that you can shelter in and block out contaminated air in case of a chemical or biological attack.
- In the case of a nuclear attack, your three best tools are time, distance and shielding to minimize your exposure to radioactive material.
- Check on the school emergency plan for any school-age children.
- Follow directions from officials.
- Stay alert and informed at all times!
Homeland Security Advisory System
The Homeland Security Advisory System combines threat information with vulnerability assessments and provides communications to public safety officials and the public. For more information, please visit the DHS webpage.