Enrollment is now closed for the 2018 Citizen's Fire Academy.
The next Academy will begin in March of 2019 - Return here January 1, 2019, to enroll.
Richardson Citizen Fire Academy is a program designed for persons living or working in the City of Richardson or RISD area who want to learn more about how the Richardson Fire Department is organized and operates.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
The following topics and points of interest are just a few issues covered in this program:
- Fire Department Organization
- Fire Department Training Programs
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire Safety / Prevention
- Fire / Arson Investigation
- Fire Apparatus Operations
- Critical Incident Stress Program
- Emergency Management
- Hands-on Training
- Live Demonstrations
- Participation in a 1 alarm Structure Fire Scenario
- Special Rescue Operations
The Academy is offered once a year and meets one evening per week for 10 weeks in the spring.
The Academy meets at the Richardson Training Center, 1621 E. Lookout Dr., east of Plano Road (past the old Owens Sausage).
For more information: Contact the Fire Marshal Office at 136 N Greenville Ave., 972-744-5750.