While using our computers, you might find these points useful:Time allowed:
- Richardson residents receive two (2) uninterrupted hours per day, with extensions offered every hour thereafter--and unlimited access if no one is waiting.
- Non-residents receive a maximum of three (3) hours per day, with extensions offered each hour if no one is waiting.
- RISD Waive-Fee Minor cards receive a maximum of two (2) hours per day.
- Internet-only card holders receive a maximum of two (2) hours per day, with an extension offered after the first hour.
- TexShare card holders receive one (1) hour per day, no extensions.
Our computers work best with Google Chrome. We recommend it for all your Internet needs.
Save your work! You may temporarily save files to the "Patron Documents" folder on our computers; once you log off, however, the "Patron Documents" folder will be reset and your work will not be recoverable after that time. To save your work long-term, you must transfer your work to a personal flash drive, or email it to yourself.
Prints are 15-cents per page for b&w (black & white), and 50-cents per page for
color. Check your work in the "Print Preview" window of your PC before printing—there are no refunds for misprinted work. Print Release Stations are located in Reference (in the basement) and on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Library.
People around you are working--please be respectful of their need for quiet. Keep cell phone activity to a minimum, and the volume low. No more than 2 persons are allowed at one computer station.
Only drinks with lids are permitted at computers. Food is permitted ONLY in the Bistro area (on the 1st floor).
Librarians are here to help you! If you have questions or concerns, please come to one of our help desks and ask for assistance.