Role of Council
The role of the Council is to be positive and resourceful advocates of the City. We focus on the future of the City, set policies and develop strategies that will enable us to achieve our vision. We will communicate with, seek input from and be the voice for all stakeholders. The Council will provide the direction, resources and guidance that will enable the City Manager to implement the day-to-day, tactical aspects of our Vision, Goals and Strategies.
Rules of Engagement
The Council will work to achieve a result that is in the best interest of our stakeholders. We will strive to keep our discussions relevant and productive and will be supportive of all Council decisions. While executing our duties, the Council will interact with staff, residents and other stakeholders:
- Respectfully: We are willing to hear and evaluate differing ideas and opinions
- Professionally: We are punctual, focused, present and prepared
- Efficiently: We value City resources and the time of others
The City of Richardson is a clean, safe, vibrant and inclusive community in which residents, businesses and other stakeholders enjoy a high quality of life and are proud to call "home."
All of our stakeholders enjoy superior, responsive city services. Our accessibility, and the quality and variety of our amenities, recreation opportunities, green spaces, housing, education opportunities, retail choices and transportation options are locally and nationally recognized.
We have a thriving, diverse business community whose success is supported by a superior infrastructure, access to a talented, well-educated and engaged workforce, a business-friendly environment and easy access to the North Texas region.
- For Richardson to be a place where people are proud to live, work, invest and engage in the community.
- To have clear, easy-to-understand processes and policies that make it easy to interact with the City.
- To have stakeholders choose Richardson as the best place in the region to locate, contribute and participate.
- To effectively and efficiently manage City resources while maintaining and enhancing City services.
- Enhance the quality of life of our stakeholders
- Protect and strengthen stakeholder investments in the City
- Increase the sense of community and citizen engagement
- Improve customer experience in interactions with the City
- Increase private participation and contributions
- Integrate innovative business processes
- Effective and efficient management of City finances
- Attract, develop, and retain quality City employees
- Attract and retain targeted businesses; increase the number, quality and variety of job opportunities throughout the City
- Leverage our regional leadership position to positively impact county, state and federal issues
Richardson City Council Members
Mayor Pro Tem
Marta Gómez Frey