Skip to page body Home Residents Businesses Visitors Government Services Departments I Want To...

How do I report a problem with a traffic light, school zone flasher, traffic sign, pavement markings, or traffic hazard?

Call the Traffic Management Center at 972-744-4330 from 6:00AM – 6:00PM, Monday through Friday. Call 9-1-1 in case of emergency or immediate safety hazard. For non-emergencies, you can report an issue in our Online Issue System.

How do I request Stop signs, No Parking signs, a traffic signal, school zone, or other traffic-related request?

You can report an Issue Online to the Traffic & Transportation Department, or call 972-744-4320 during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

How do I request a Duck Crossing Sign or Children at Play sign?

The city does not install duck crossing signs or children at play signs because they have proven to be ineffective. They also contribute to sign clutter and can detract from more important regulatory and warning signs along the roadway.

Can I view recordings of an accident from the City’s traffic cameras?

No, the traffic cameras located around the city are for surveillance only to monitor traffic conditions and nothing is recorded on them.

How do I get speed humps (cushions) installed on my street?

The City has a Traffic Calming Policy that addresses neighborhood speeding and cut-through traffic concerns.

Does the City have any bicycle lanes, routes, or trails?

Yes, information about bicycle facilities offered by the City is available on the Bicycle Facilities page.

How do I request a street light be installed?

Click here to send an email request to the Traffic Department, or call 972/744-4320 during business hours. Click here to review the City of Richardson Street Light Policy.

Who maintains the street lights in Richardson?

For most of the City, streetlights are actually owned, installed and maintained by Oncor Electric Delivery. The City determines the locations for installation, and pays for installation and electricity usage; however, Oncor is solely responsible for maintenance of the lights.

However, there are a number of city streets that have city owned and maintained street lights: Brand Road, Murphy Road, North Star Road, Renner Road (from Spring Hill lane to Murphy Road), Performance Drive, and all the street lights on the main lanes of US 75 (Central Expressway).

Last updated: 11/11/2015 2:03:57 PM