Our camp staff are a group of diverse, creative, compassionate, and extremely fun individuals who enjoy working with children. To be hired, they must meet certain criteria and qualifications in order to become a counselor, or director of our day camp program:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Pass background check and drug screening
- Attend Human Resources Induction
- Complete 32 hours of in-service training that involves developmentally/age appropriate activities, child development, behavior management, professionalism, communication skills with children and families, team building activities, transportation safety and guidelines, pool procedures and safety, and much more.
- Must be CPR/First-aid certified, or be able to obtain certification before start of camp
- Complete and pass test on Child Abuse and Neglect training
Staff are not to fraternize with children outside of our day camp programs, especially with babysitting or inviting to children's home. "Friending" campers through various social media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) is highly discouraged.
Leaders in Training (LITs)
Our Leaders in Training Program is designed for mature 15 year olds who have an interest in serving as a paid staff member when they reach 16 years old. All interested candidates must apply and will go through an interview process. If you are selected as one of our Leaders in Training (LITs), you will gain valuable experience in supervising games, sport activities, arts and crafts, and field trips as you volunteer with our younger campers! All LIT’s will be required to attend a mandatory training session along with the other summer staff.
Positions are limited!
Applications will be accepted from March 1 – 31. All interviews will be scheduled after the March 31 deadline. If you are interested in applying for an LIT position, please download an application HERE and submit via e-mail to Heidi.Scalice@cor.gov.