From December 23 to January 31, Richardson residents may “tree cycle” in two ways:
- Drop trees off at the Municipal Service Center, 1260 Columbia Dr. The site is open 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Call 972-744-4111 and request a Brush and Bulky Item Collection (BABIC), then set the tree out at the front curb for collection. Make sure to request that the tree be collected for composting.
Recycle Holiday Cardboard Boxes
The City of Richardson Public Services Department and the Richardson Police Department have teamed up to help fight crime and recycle at the same time. Instead of putting your new computer or flat screen TV box out for pick-up, recycle and prevent crime. Temporary recycle locations will be established by Dec. 23 and removed Jan. 5, 2016.
If you prefer to throw the boxes away, place them inside a black bag so you do not advertise that you have a new computer or TV in your home. For more information about preventing crime or to make your home and neighborhood safer, please contact the Richardson Police Department at 972-744-4955.
|Tree Cycling Guidelines
- Trees must be natural (not artificial) and unflocked.
- All ornaments, tinsel, tree stands, nails, lights, etc., must be removed.
- Calls for Brush and Bulky Item Collection (BABIC) must be received before the designated collection day.
(Your BABIC day is the same as your recycling day).
- Call (972) 744-4111 if you are unsure which day is your BABIC day.
Temporary Recycling Locations
Locations listed are for flattened cardboard items ONLY:
- Custer Park
700 W. Renner Rd.
(near the tennis courts)
- Recycle Center
102 N. Cottonwood Dr.
- 1500 Apollo Rd.
(near the Huffhines Tennis Center courts)
- Breckinridge Park
5200 Park Vista Rd.
(near the baseball complex)
Last updated: 11/21/2016 1:07:06 PM