Welcome to the Development Services Department of the City of Richardson, Texas.
Development Services is responsible for projects involving transportation and land use issues in Richardson. The department’s three divisions—Development and Engineering, Planning, and Traffic and Transportation—each have a unique set of responsibilities but work closely together to accomplish the City’s goals and visions.
— Want to know what zoning and development cases are currently before the City Plan Commission and City Council? Check out the Development Status report for more information, including recent Administrative Approvals by staff.
- Applications / Fees / Calendar — Find the required documentation and applications for all your development needs, from zoning and special permits to subdivision plats and development plans, here. The current development review calendar and fee schedule are also available.
- Regulations / Plans / Guidlines — Download the regulations and guidelines that govern development within Richardson, as well as special plans and studies that guide the future of development in Richardson.
- Maps — Download published maps in PDF format, including the City's zoning atlas and street & facilities map.
- Enhancement / Redevelopment — Discover more information about the reinvestment plans that aim to revitalize key areas of Richardson.
- Transit-Oriented Development — Richardson’s DART rail stations provide opportunities for dynamic developments. Find out how the City is planning for the future.
Boards and Commissions
- City Plan Commission — The City Plan Commission makes recommendations and decisions regarding land use, public improvements, planning and zoning, and thoroughfare improvements. Meeting documentation is available for current and past meetings.
- Zoning Board of Adjustment — The Zoning Board of Adjustment considers requests for variances to City zoning and fence ordinances (i.e., setbacks, building height, lot coverage, building materials, and fence height and location). Meeting documentation is available for current and past meetings.
411 W. Arapaho Road
Mon - Fri 8:00 - 5:00
Last updated: 5/10/2013 4:21:26 PM