Don't forget to include your pets in your disaster plans. Take them with you if you evacuate. Remember: pets typically aren't allowed in public shelters unless they are service animals. So make a list of friends, boarding facilities and vets that could keep your pets in case of emergency.
| Your Pet Disaster Kit should include:
- Pet food and treats
- Drinkable water in plastic bottles
- Can opener for canned food
- Pet medications and medical records in a waterproof container
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses and/or carriers so you can move your pets safely and they can't escape
- Current photos of your pet in case they get lost
- Contact information of your veterinarian
- Pet beds and toys, if there is room
- Identification tag and collar.
Last updated: 1/12/2012 1:23:59 PM