New Single Family Homes
Permit Fee Schedule
Provide completed permit application - Residential Building Permit Application and two sets of the following construction documents which must be drawn to scale unless otherwise noted:
- Computer generated energy code compliance report; demonstrating compliance with the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- Plot plan/site plan which must include the proposed structure with distances to property lines noted
- Foundation plan
- Must exactly match the footprint shown on the plot plan
- Must include all applicable construction details
- If post-tensioned type or otherwise engineered by a State of Texas Professional Engineer, submit signed/sealed plans and a letter (both by the engineer on record); Verbiage in the letter should include a statement of compliance with the International Residential Code, 2012 Edition & any additional references of the method of construction
- Downdraft vents must be either noted on the plan itself or in a detail
- Floor Plans (three sets) which must indicate all room usages and door/window schedules
- Roof framing plan - include all framing member sizing, spacing, clear spans & species. All conventional wood framing must demonstrate compliance with the 2012 International Residential Code or be appropriately engineered. For pre-fabricated roof materials, submit the engineered manufacturer's installation specifications for all the individual components & connection details
- Second floor framing plan - include all framing member sizing, spacing, clear spans & species. All conventional framing must demonstrate compliance with the 2012 International Residential Code or be appropriately engineered. Pre-engineered floor systems (LPI, TJI, etc.): Submit the plan provided by the lumber company; include manufacturer’s installation specifications
- Exterior elevations - Label all exterior material, provide the total wall area and percentages for verification of compliance of the minimum masonry regulations:
|Total Wall Area
||641 sq. ft
||538 sq. ft.
||696 sq. ft.
||538 sq. ft.
|Less Total Openings & Exempted Wall Area
||145 sq. ft
||161 sq. ft.
||30 sq. ft.
||212 sq. ft.
||496 sq. ft.
||279 sq. ft.
||293 sq. ft.
||371 sq. ft.
||0 sq. ft.
||98 sq. ft.
||373 sq. ft.
||0 sq. ft.
|Total Masonry % House
|Total Siding % House
- Complete fuel gas sizing plan for all appliances/appurtenances - include all gas appliances/appurtenances, total linear footage of gas piping, gas pipe sizing, individual appliance/ appurtenances BTU load & the total BTU load of the gas system
- Infill Drainage Plan, if applicable
- Manufacturer’s specifications/installation data for all pre-engineered beams
- If stucco is to be used in areas not requiring masonry, the following information is required:
- Typical wall section
- Manufacturer’s installation specifications for the stucco being utilized & an evaluation service report (ES report)
- UL Assembly for specific fire rated applications, if applicable
- Additional plans may be required as determined by the code official
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Community Services at 972-744-4195 or email your questions or concerns to Community Services. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Last updated: 10/18/2016 4:23:49 PM