Permit Fee Schedule
Permit submittal requirements are as follows:
Provide completed permit application - Residential Building Permit Application
Two sets of the following are required. All construction documents must be drawn to scale.
- Plot plan of the property and proposed addition. Shade or cross hatch addition area and provide distances to property lines.
- Floor plan of addition and the immediate adjacent areas of the house. Label all room usages and denote all work to be done
- Foundation plan for the proposed addition - Note the type of existing foundation. New foundations must match the existing foundation or be appropriately engineered. Additions to existing post tension foundations, use of an existing foundation or an addition in excess of 500 sq. will require the new portion of the foundation to be engineered by a State of Texas Professional Engineer
- A dimensioned floor plan of the proposed addition. Include the following information: The immediate adjacent rooms with individual room uses labeled, egress sizes (windows/doors for bedrooms) and a written scope of work
- A typical wall section
- A complete roof framing plan - include all framing member sizing, spacing, clear spans & species. All conventional framing must demonstrate compliance with the 2012 International Residential Code or be appropriately engineered
- Second floor framing plan - include all framing member sizing, spacing, clear spans & species. All conventional framing must demonstrate compliance with the 2012 International Residential Code or be appropriately engineered. Pre-engineered floor systems (LPI, TJI, etc.): Submit the plan provided by the lumber company; include manufacturer’s installation specifications
- Elevations or exterior side views of the structure. Label all exterior material; must maintain minimum masonry requirements. Masonry and siding percentages may be required
- Complete fuel gas sizing plan for all appliances/appurtenances; include all gas appliances/appurtenances, total linear footage of gas piping, gas pipe sizing, individual appliance/ appurtenances BTU load & the total BTU load of the gas system
- Computer generated energy compliance report demonstrating compliance with the 2012 International International Energy Conservation Code
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Community Services at 972-744-4195 or email your questions or concerns to Community Services. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Last updated: 8/12/2013 2:10:01 PM