|A City of Richardson food handler card can be obtained quickly on this website. A City of Richardson food handler card is required for ALL employees of a restaurant, or food establishment of any type, within the City of Richardson within 30 days of employment.
Certificates/cards issued by a State licensed online course may be presented at the Health Department, along with $10.00 cash or check, to obtain a City of Richardson card. To begin the official City of Richardson online food handler training, use the link below.
Food Manager Certification is not required in the City of Richardson; however, this certification is accepted in lieu of a Food Handler Card. As with the Richardson issued food handler card, a copy of a current State or National Food Manager Certificate must be available at the establishment for review by a Health Inspector upon request. Employees that do not have a City of Richardson Food Handler Card, or State/National Food Manager Certification available for review, may be asked to leave and/or the establishment cited.
SCROLL DOWN FOR
ONLINE TRAINING LINK
| HOW TO OBTAIN A CITY OF RICHARDSON FOOD HANDLER CARD
1) City of Richardson Health Department website offers online food handler training in English & Spanish! Pay for your certification with a credit/debit card, watch the video, and print your food handler certification in approximately an hour! C
2) Classes are held once per month at City Hall on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 3 P.M. to 4 P.M. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to register and pay for the class. Once the videos begin, you will not be allowed to enter the class
Managers and/or owners of an establishment may check out training DVD's from the City of Richardson Health Department to provide an onsite class. DVD’s are available in English, Spanish, Korean, Cantonese, and Mandarin. A Closed Caption VHS video is also available. DVD's can be checked out for a period of 3 days, please plan your training accordingly.
There is a $5.00 replacement fee charged for lost cards/certificates, and a $60 replacement fee for lost DVDs.
The City Hall/Civic Center building located adjacent to the Library
411 W. Arapaho Road, Room 107, Richardson, Texas 75080
| ONLINE FOOD HANDLER CERTIFICATION
NOTE: Not compatible with Safari (Apple, iPhone, or iPad)
PLEASE READ BEFORE BEGINNING ONLINE TRAINING:
- Allow one hour for video, you will need a printer to print your certificate.
- A slow internet connection, pop-up blocker, and some firewalls may prevent the video from playing, OR prevent the button to retrieve your certificate from appearing after the video.
- There are known issues with the latest release of Internet Explorer. Chrome or Firefox is recommended.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL for a confirmation email & link to your video. Try a different web browser if you experience a problem, i.e.: STREAM NOT FOUND.
To begin online certification, please click the link below. If you have any questions, please contact the Health Department during regular business hours (8 am to 5 pm - Monday through Friday) at 972-744-4080.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN ONLINE FOOD HANDLER TRAINING