Food & Beverage
The lessee and/or caterer of its choosing in accordance with the alcohol and/or catering policies may bring in food and beverage. The lessee is totally responsible for its food and beverage service and shall hold lessor harmless for all liability, illness, or any damages arising from lessee bringing such items into the center itself or through its caterer. Moreover, lessee shall be responsible for cleanup. The caterer or lessee must setup and breakdown within the rental period outlined on the client rental contract.
Cooking of food material is prohibited. The kitchen(s) and facilities shall be used only for preparation of such food material.
Selling food on the property or any type of concession is not allowed without prior approval from the Civic Center Manger.
Any and all use of alcoholic beverages must be in strict conformance with the Alcoholic Beverage Code of the State of Texas. No money or tickets may be exchanged for alcohol. A cash bar is not allowed. B.Y.O.B is not allowed.
The serving of alcohol at any party or event given in honor of a minor is prohibited.
If there is any misrepresentation of the type of event being held, Lessor will immediately remove Lessee and guests from the premises and withhold all fees for violation of this policy. The withholding of such fees under such circumstances shall not be and is not intended as a penalty but is, instead, a reasonable forecast of probable damages resulting from Lessor's deprivation of such fees from an alternate lessee.
Security in the form of off-duty Richardson Police Officer(s) will be required anytime alcohol is served. The Civic Center Manager will determine the number of officers. Security will be present from the time the first guest's is scheduled to arrive until the lease expires.
The Richardson Civic Center offers four different catering options.
- An event coordinator can handle a client’s food and beverage request.
- The client can chose a purveyor from the “Approved Caterer’s List.”
- For a flat fee of $300, a client may choose a caterer not on the approved list. In order to use a caterer not on the approved list the lessee’s must sign an addendum to their contact and said caterer must produce a health certificate and add the Civic Center as additionally insured on their policy.
- For a $25, $50 or $100 fee, depending on the room, a lessee may bring in the following, all of which must be purchased from a store.
- Donuts or Bagels
- Coffee, soda or bottled water
No Fruit, cheese, meat trays are allowed, these must be catered.
No potluck meals or homemade items may be brought into or served at the Richardson Civic Center, either by the lessee, guests, representatives or its sub-contractors.