Trash Bash 2016 - Save the Date!
Trash Bash Event: Saturday, April 16th @ 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
PLEASE SEE MAP FOR SPECIFIC DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Link to Frequently Asked Questions
Click Here for Registration Forms
The City of Richardson’s 21st Annual Trash Bash is scheduled for Saturday, April 16, 2016. The event is held in conjunction with Keep Texas Beautiful and is open to anyone wishing to help clean up the community.
Groups or individuals wishing to join are invited to a pre-event meeting (TBA usually the Thursday before the event: Thursday, April 14th, at 6 p.m. in the Richardson Civic Center/City Hall building at 411 W. Arapaho Rd.) At the meeting, trash bags, release forms and area assignments will be provided to participants. Groups and individuals are also encouraged to register online by clicking HERE, or by phone at 972-744-4076.
All participants will disperse from their homes/locations to their designated street, park, and/or area on the morning of Saturday, April 16th, 2016 to fill their bags with litter and recyclables. After collecting litter and recyclables, participants are asked to return filled bags to the Richardson City Hall/Civic Center at 411 W. Arapaho Rd., where refuse will be collected. Refreshments, door prizes, music, and activities for children will also be provided.
During the event, the Richardson Environmental Action League (REAL) will give each Richardson household a free roll of 26 blue recycle bags.
Starting at 9 a.m.
- Book Drive (books, magazines, CDs, DVDs)
- Free Texas Pure Compost (up to 2.5 cubic feet per resident or five 1 gallon containers)
- Clothing Drive (clothing should be gently used and washed)
- Clothing, shoes, coats, accessories, no undergarments.
- Place in plastic bags/sacks.
- No trash bags please
- Cease the Grease - residential cooking oil drop off. Bring in non-breakable, disposable, containers that you can leave behind.
Starting at 11 a.m.
Join us for the Trash Bash After Party at the Civic Center
- Environmental Education Fair
- Free Recycling Bags
- Door Prizes
- Just Jazz
- Animal Shelter Adoptable Animals
There will NOT be a drop-off for prescription drugs. Please visit the DEA Diversion website HERE for more information or read our FAQ page.