The following changes have been announced due to severe winter weather impacts:
City Facility Early Closings
City Facility Closures
The following facilities will close at 5 p.m. this evening due to severe winter weather.
• Animal Shelter
• Heights Recreation Center
• Huffhines Recreation Center
• Public Library
The following facilities are closed today due to severe winter weather:
• Gymnastics Center
• Senior Center
• Tennis Center
Richardson City Hall is operating during normal hours.
Richardson Municipal Court is operating during normal hours.
Solid Waste Services
- Residential trash and recycling services are cancelled today. There will be no makeup day for Friday services. Solid waste collection is expected to resume its normal schedule next week. Residents are asked to put out their trash and recycling accordingly.
42nd Annual Christmas Parade
- Commercial trash and recycling services are cancelled today and Saturday, Dec. 7. Solid waste collection is expected to resume its normal schedule next week. Commercial customers are asked to plan accordingly.
The 42nd Annual Christmas Parade has been cancelled due to severe winter weather impacts. The City regrets that it is unable to reschedule the event.
Richardson’s Santa’s Village
Richardson’s Santa’s Village activities have been cancelled this weekend (both Saturday, December 7 and Sunday, December 8) due to severe winter weather and on-site safety concerns. The village is expected to open as scheduled next week beginning Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 6 p.m.
Street crews are conducting sanding operations on bridges and overpasses as needed. Street cleaning crews will begin operations to sweep sand spread on area roads as soon as weather conditions allow.
Power is out to an estimated 5,300 customers in Richardson. Electric utility workers from multiple states are in the Metroplex to assist with power restoration and are responding in the Richardson area to restore power as quickly as possible. Power outages can be reported to Oncor at 888-313-4747. Residents can also visit Oncor’s online storm center for outage information at stormcenter.oncor.com
Reporting Downed Vegetation
To report downed vegetation blocking a street, alley or other public right-of-way please contact 972-744-4111. Residential property owners can also place vegetative debris in their normal bulky item pickup location for collection next week. Vegetative and other bulky item residential service will occur according to the normal collection schedule.
The following entities have cancelled services today due to severe winter weather impacts:
- Richardson Independent School District
- Plano Independent School District
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Dallas County offices
- Collin County offices