Richardson Gymnastics Center Reopens with Limited Services
The Richardson Parks and Recreation Department is pleased to announce the limited reopening of the Richardson Gymnastics Center, which was closed March 13 as part of initial protective actions taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The restart of services follows Gov. Greg Abbott’s multi-phased “Open Texas” plan which allows for recreation centers and other health/recreation amenities to operate following guidelines outlined by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas. Orders issued by Gov. Abbott supersedes all county or city orders.
The Richardson Gymnastics Center is located at 300 E. Arapaho Rd. and is operating as of Monday, May 18 following the modified service guidelines below:
- The facility is restricted to 25 percent of capacity following state guidelines
- Each gymnast must bring their personal equipment (equipment is not available for checkout until further notice)
- No hands-on spotting with gymnasts is allowed until further notice
- Virtual classes will continue as an offering for the comfort of participants until further notice
- Gathering in the lobby area is discouraged, however we do recommend if you are using the space to maintain a minimum of 6 feet from others to ensure social distancing
- Team programs are allowed 2 to 4 students per coach (limited to no more than 40 team students per hour)
- Groups are being assigned to areas at least 6 ft apart
- Private and semi-private family lessons for all levels are available
- Foam pit is closed until further notice
Other protective measures being taken at the facility:
- All employees will follow the Human Resource Guidelines developed from the CDC and Governor’s Executive Orders for safe employees before coming to work and while at work.
- Employees are recommended to wear face masks when not behind a sneeze guard during their shift and gloves especially when handling money or shared items.
- Coaches will clean equipment prior to students using and after students use.
- Each coach leaving an area will clean or will have a person dedicated to cleaning the gym whenever there are gymnasts working out.
- Gymnasts and coaches will use hand sanitizer before and after each session
- Coaches will wear masks
- Time between classes will be used for cleaning and sanitizing purposes
- Additional cleaning services have been implemented by custodian crews to ensure commonly used areas have been sanitized frequently.
Call 972-744-4300 or e-mail email@example.com for more information on Parks and Recreation programming.
(All updates can be found on the City of Richardson’s COVID-19 news page at www.cor.net/coronavirus.)