Tips for Working With Roofing Contractors
Richardson has been hit by several severe thunderstorms in the past two months, resulting in hail damage roofs throughout the city. To date, the City has issued more than 350 permits for roof replacement/repair since late-March.
Here are a few things you can do and look for to minimize the chances of running into problems when getting your roof fixed:
- Texas does not require roofing contractors to be licensed or carry insurance; however, the North Texas Roofing Contractors Association has a list of requirements for its more than 3,600 members that can be found at www.ntrca.com. To help find a contractor, the website also has a list of NTRCA members and their contact information.
- Ask contractors for identification and check with the City to see if they are registered to work in Richardson. You can check to see if your contractor is registered by calling 972-744-4180.
- Check to see if the contractor has pulled a permit for your property. You can do this by performing a Permit Search Online or by calling 972-744-4180.
- Most roofing companies will not require payment until the job is complete and the homeowner is satisfied. While some companies may require a small initial payment for materials, homeowners should not pay in full until the job is complete.
Removing Storm Debris
Anyone cleaning up debris after a storm is reminded that Brush and Bulky Item Collection (BABIC) is a service offered to Richardson residents at no charge. Pickup requests need to be made at least 24 hours in advance of your collection day, which is the same day as your recycle day.
There are several ways to request BABIC:
- Call the Response Center line 972-744-4111 and use prompt 1
- Call the Response Center line 972-744-4111 and press 7 to speak to an attendant
- Make an Online BABIC Request
- Use the MyRichardson mobile application
Residents are asked to set out brush or bulky items for collection in the front on the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street. If it is a corner house, you may set the items out on the grassy area (the parkway) on the side street. If you are on a corner house, please ensure you make it known what street you are leaving the debris on and keep it clear so trucks can have access.
411 W. Arapaho Rd.
Richardson, TX 75080
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
|NEW 2015 International Codes and the 2014 Edition of the National Electric Code Adopted|
|Online Permits||Contact Us/ FAQ|
|Monthly Reports||Express a Concern|
|How Are We Doing?||Useful Links|