Neighborhood Leadership Workshops
The Neighborhood Leadership Workshops are designed to provide leadership training for neighborhood and other community associations in Richardson.
Why should I attend?
- To develop a better appreciation for neighborhood issues in general, and for vitality and integrity strategies used to address them.
- To develop a better understanding of neighborhood association management techniques and “best practices”.
- To develop a better understanding of city operations and programs.
- To benefit from networking opportunities and new relationships.
When are they offered?
- Every third Tuesday in October and April
- Information about the workshops is sent to all neighborhood associations, advertised in the Richardson Today, and publicized on the Community Services website.
- City Official / Staff Presentation—How to partner with the city on neighborhood improvement initiatives.
- Community Partner Presentation—How to be an effective community partner.
- Neighborhood Leader Presentation—How to successfully lead/manage an association.
- Question/Answer Session—All presenters will respond to questions in a panel setting.
Monthly City Council / Presidents Meetings
The monthly Neighborhood Association Presidents meeting to promotes a two-way dialogue about issues important to our neighborhoods.
Meetings are held at Richardson City Hall at 7:00 am on the third Tuesday of each month.
Only neighborhood associations that are formally recognized by the City are invited to attend these meetings.
To learn more about how to attend a meeting please contact Community Services.