Because no one knows a neighborhoods better than its residents, the City asks for assistance in identifying properties that may be Community Revitalization Award candidates. Nominations may be submitted by anyone, including the property owner, at any time throughout the year. The nomination deadline for the 2018 Awards is midnight on September 30, 2018. Nominations received after that date will be held for future consideration.
When submitting a nomination, the following information should be provided:
- The property address;
- A brief description of the exterior improvements that have been made;
- Any additional information you can provide, such as the property owner’s name and contact information;
- Contact information for the person making the nomination (not mandatory);
- Before and after photos (digital or prints), if available. While extremely helpful, photos are not required.
Criteria for Evaluation
Community Revitalization Award nominations are evaluated primarily by assessing their impact on the surrounding area, or on the City as a whole, if appropriate. Has the effort improved the built environment? Has the project contributed to the stability or enhancement of an existing neighborhood or district? Does the improvement set a desirable precedent for surrounding property owners?
Projects receiving awards typically incorporate at least two of the following elements:
- Building or facade improvements;
- Landscaping or lighting enhancements;
- Signage upgrades; and/or
- A consistently high level of general maintenance.
Detailed criteria for nominations is available in the Community Revitalization Award Program Overview (PDF).
A nomination may be submitted by filling out the online form, e-mail, regular mail, or in person. To request additional information or to submit nominations personally, contact:
PO Box 830309
Richardson, TX 75083-0309
411 W Arapaho Road, Room 204
Richardson, TX 75080