The Metro Safe Room Rebate Program offers property owners in Richardson an opportunity to qualify to receive half the cost of construction for an individual safe room, up to $3,000.
NOTE: The application process is currently closed.
Due to current funding limitations the waitlist has been closed for Collin and Dallas Counties.
- If you registered on the waitlist previously, check your status
- Upon receipt of any funds, the existing wait list is used as a first listed, first served tool
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) will notify applicants of their acceptance
- If you are already on the waitlist and need to provide your documentation, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of home ownership (e.g. Property Tax Record, Bill of Sale, Deed; utility bills do not qualify)
- Completed and signed Floodplain Verification Form
City of Richardson Floodplain Verification
Richardson City Hall, Ste.204
411 W. Arapaho
Richardson, TX 75080-4551
Safe Room Rebates are funded with FEMA supplied Hazard Mitigation Assistance grants and managed by the regional NCTCOG. Visit https://saferoom.nctcog.org/ for additional safe room program information.