Enrollment is now open for the 2019 Citizen's Fire Academy.
The upcoming session of the Citizens’ Fire Academy will be held from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on 10 consecutive Thursday evenings beginning March 21 and continuing through May 23. Final graduation activities will be held on May 30.
Richardson Citizen Fire Academy is a program for persons living or working in the City of Richardson or RISD area who want to learn more about how the Richardson Fire Department is organized and operates. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
Participants get a behind-the-scenes look at Fire operations. Class size is limited to allow for hands-on training. Topics to be covered include:
- Fire Department Organization
- Fire Department Training Programs
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire Safety / Prevention
- Fire / Arson Investigation
- Fire Apparatus Operations
- Critical Incident Stress Program
- Emergency Management
- Hands-on Training
- Live Demonstrations
- Participation in a 1 Alarm Structure Fire Scenario
- Special Rescue Operations
Where - The Academy meets at the Richardson Training Center, 1621 E. Lookout Dr., east of Plano Road (past the old Owens Sausage).
Tuition - Free
For more information: Contact the Fire Marshal Office at 136 N Greenville Ave., 972-744-5750.