12 Steps to Avoid Stormwater Pollution
- Turn of sprinklers if rain is expected.
- Bag your pets waste.
- Don't apply pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides before it rains.
- Plant native or drought tolerant plants and grasses that require less water.
- Reduce paved areas and increase vegetated area in your yard.
- Dispose of oil properly after performing oil changes.
- Check your car, boat or motorcycle for leaks.
- Don't blow or sweep grass clippings or leaves into the storm drains.
- Use a professional car wash facility to clean vehicle that recycles water.
- Dispose of paint and other household hazardous waste properly.
- Drain your pool into the sanitary sewer system. Pool Information
- Throw your litter away in the garbage, not out your window.
Report a Concern
Have you noticed any unusual colors, odors or other creek and pond concerns?
Call 972-744-4111 or report it online.