All mobile food vendors (food trucks) are required to obtain a Solicitors Permit and a Food Permit to operate in the City of Richardson. The City of Richardson does not allow trailers, push carts, or stand alone kiosks.
Mobile Food Vendor Permit fees:
$350 for food truck with food preparation
$200 for food truck without food preparation
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS TO OBTAIN A MOBILE FOOD VENDOR PERMIT
1. Apply for Solicitors Permit at Police Department
2. Submit application for Health Permit to Health Department
3. Bring truck to your scheduled appointment time to have truck inspected
STEP 1 - Apply for Solicitors Permit
The first step is to apply for a Solicitors Permit from the Police Department. A link to the Police Department's web site is provided below. The Police Department will send your solicitors permit to the Health Department (3 to 5 days).
STEP 2 - Submit Health Permit application and documents
After applying for Solicitors permit, you will need to complete and submit the required application and forms to the Health Department:
- Permit application
- Commissary authorization letter
- Commissary Inspection Report
- Operating schedule (form)
- Permission to use facilities (form)
- Required written procedures
- Certified Food Manager Certification
OR, drop-off application and forms to the Health Department at 411 W. Arapaho Road, Room 107.
STEP 3 - Truck Inspection Appointment
When the Health Department receives the Solicitors Permit from the Police Department, the health inspector will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment to inspect the food truck. You will also pay for your Health Permit at this time.
Arriving for your truck inspection:
411 W. Arapaho Rd. - Room 107
Richardson, Tx 75080
- ARRIVE on-time
- PARK your vehicle near the east entrance of the Civic Center closest to Central Expressway
- COME INSIDE to room 107, your Health Inspector will be notified of your arrival
NOTE: electricity is NOT available, you must bring your own generator in order to check cooler and hot water temperatures.
Once your truck passes inspection, you will pay the permit fee at the front desk. You will receive your Health Permit certificate in the mail in approximately 2 to 3 weeks.