NEED WELLNESS POINTS? Here are easy ways to meet your 200 point goal!
- Annual Physical (30 Points towards Discount Level 1): Fax a completed Annual Physical Validation Form to 214-947-6594. Physicals are accepted through September 30, 2018.
- Personal Health Assessment (20 Points towards Discount Level 1): Complete your Personal Health Assessment on the Richardson Wellness Website. Only one health assessment is accepted per year.
- Biometric Screenings (20 Points towards Discount Level 1):
- You can complete your biometric screening when offered by the City in March and April OR
- You can complete your biometric screening by asking your doctor to complete the Biometric Screening Form.
- Achieve Biometric Screening Target Levels (up to 50 points towards Discount Level 1):
- Meet target level results, outlined on the Wellness Flyer, and achieve 10 points per target met, OR
- Complete a target specific on-line workshop and achieve 10 points per workshop.
- Participate in a Wellness Activity (10 Points towards Discount Level 2): Participate in a community health event such as a fun run or walk, flu shots, or other preventive screening. Fax in the Wellness Activity Form to 214-947-6594 to receive credit.
- Log Wellness Activities (1 Point Each towards Discount Level 2): Earn points by logging food, weight, steps or exercise on the Wellness Website or your wellness mobile application.
Walking is a calorie-burning activity. Your weight and the distance you walk determine the energy calories burned while walking. Walking speed matters less than distance you walk and how much you weigh. A rule of thumb is 100 calories per mile are burned for a 180-pound person and 65 calories per mile for a 120-pound person. LET'S GET WALKING!
- How can I Walk a Mile at Work? The distances below equal one mile.
- Around City Hall: 4 3/4 Laps
- Around Civic Center Complex Perimeter: 1 1/3 Laps
- Around Library Building: 7 3/4 Laps.
- Around Service Center Water Tower: 4 3/4 Laps
- Along Service Center Front Sidewalk (West Side): 8 1/2 Back & Forth Laps
- Along Police & Fire Central Station (South Side): 4 3/4 Back & Forth Laps
- Head East from the Police & Fire Station, down alley to Walton, then back to Main: 4 1/4 Laps