Introducing Curbside Delivery!
In response to COVID-19 and the Library temporarily closing to the public, we are offering a new service. If you have a valid, current Richardson Public Library card, search for items in the Library's catalog, place them on hold and wait for notification that those items are ready for pick up (usually 24 hours). Please limit holds to 10 items per visit. Once you receive the notification, drive to the Library. Park and give us a call. We'll check out those items to your card and deliver them to you while you wait in your car. See the specifics below.
Monday - Saturday, 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, No Curbside Delivery
Call 972-744-4363 for pickup
Curbside Delivery is only available for checking out books, CDs, DVDs, and audiobooks. For all other services, please inquire by calling 972-744-4350.
What to Do
- Place your item on hold through the Library's Catalog or by calling 972-744-4350, at least 24 hours in advance. Wait until you receive a notification that your item(s) are available for pickup. (Note: items placed on hold together are not guaranteed to be ready for pickup at the same time.)
- Park along the curb in front of the Library.
- Call the Library at 972-744-4363 to let us know you are here. You will be asked to confirm your name, library card number, and the items you are picking up. Please let the librarian know the make, model, and color of your car for easy identification in the parking lot.
To Use Curbside Delivery
- Your library card must be current and in good standing (fines under $100). For questions regarding fines or expired cards, please contact the Library at 972-744-4350.
- This service is for picking up items on hold ONLY. No other transactions will be handled curbside.
- There is a 10-item limit per visit.
- All items are to be returned using the outside book drop; staff will not bring them in from a patron's car. This will allow staff to gather them and disinfect them safely.
- All online services will still be available to patrons.