If you are charged with a driving offense, you may be eligible to take an approved driving safety course. If approved, the citation will be dismissed upon satisfactory completion of all conditions imposed.
Do not take a driving safety course without first obtaining permission from the court.
To Be Eligible
- Submit an Application for Driving Safety on or before the appearance date on your citation in person, in writing, or by submitting the Online Application.
- Enter a plea of No Contest or Guilty
- Have a valid Texas Driver's license or permit
- Have proof of financial responsibility (insurance)
- Not have taken a driving safety course for ticket dismissal within the past 12 months prior to the date of your citation.
- Pay $129, ($154 for school zone offense). (Payment must be made by the due date on the documentation mailed to you via United States Postal Service.)