In response to a Declaration of Local Disaster by Dallas County, the City of Richardson Parks and Recreation Department is taking steps in order to help limit the spread of COVID-19
The following operations and programs will be suspended or canceled until further notice:
- Heights and Huffhines Recreation Centers, Huffhines Tennis Center and the Gymnastics Center are closed.
- The Bush Central Barkway dog park and Ann Eisemann Inclusive Playground are closed indefinitely. In addition, people are discouraged from using other playgrounds or park fixtures since they cannot be sanitized in such a way to provide for their safe use. Parks and trails remain open, but social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- All park restroom facilities are closed until further notice.
- All drinking fountains in parks and along trails have been disconnected.
- The Galatyn Park Fountain will be closed on weekends.
- All Parks and Recreation programming is suspended.
- All league play is canceled.
- All facility rentals are canceled.
- New pavilion rentals will not be permitted.
Special Event Cancelations -Cottonwood Art Festival (May 2-3) - Wildflower Arts and Music Festival (May 15-17)
The following operations will continue to be in service:
- Richardson Senior Center van trips for essential life care appointments only
The city continues to closely monitor the situation in consultation with local, county and state health officials. Please check back regularly for updates or follow us on Facebook on our home page at City of Richardson Parks and Recreation or Instagram @RichardsonParksandRec.