For a list of all specific Bush Central Barkway Rules, please reference Ordinance #4113
For you and your dog's safety and enjoyment, please adhere to the following Bush Central Barkway rules:
General Rules and Information:
- Use of the Barkway is at the patron’s own risk. Handlers are responsible for the actions of their dogs at all times.
- Children ages 12 and under must be closely supervised by adults. Please do not allow children to run with or chase dogs inside the Barkway.
- Glass containers and food or treats for people and dogs are prohibited in the Barkway.
- Please properly dispose of your dog’s waste in the bags provided.
- The possession or use of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the Barkway.
- Please keep all gates closed at all times.
- Bush Central Barkway will be closed until 10 a.m. on Wednesdays for routine maintenance. Maintenance day may vary due to weather conditions.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the Barkway.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be leashed and removed from the park.
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated with tags displayed on collars. All dogs must be healthy and have no open wounds.
- Dogs under the age of 4 months and any dogs “in season” are prohibited in the Barkway.
- Spike, pinch or prong collars are prohibited in the Barkway
- No more than three dogs per person at any one time are allowed in the Barkway.
- Dog bites to humans must be reported. Please call Animal Services at 972-744-4480 or Richardson Police at 972-744-4100. For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- City park rules apply in addition to Bush Central Barkway rules.