24 hours, 7 days a week, you can request books or see what you have checked out from the comfort of your home through Richardson Public Library’s online catalog. All you need is your library card number and your pin number (normally the last 4 numbers of your phone number that we have on file).
- From the Library’s homepage, click on Account Information
- Log in with your library card number and your pin
- Click Login
From this Account Overview screen, you can see:
- the number of items you have checked out
- the number of hold requests you have waiting for your or items you’ve requested that are not yet ready for pick up
- any fines or blocks you may have on your account
- your profile, which allows you to change your pin number and view the expiration date of your Library card.
On the Account Overview screen, you may also click on the “Search” tab at the top right of the page and search for titles you are interested in.
- When you locate the title and format, click on the title link.
- The item page appears with information on whether the item is checked in or checked out.
- If you are a Richardson Resident, you may request those titles be pulled and held for you by clicking on “Request First AVAILABLE Copy.”
- You will be notified as soon as your title is ready for pick-up.
*Please note that adding a title to “My List” will not notify the Library in any way. The “My List” feature is for your viewing only, for titles you may be interested in looking for on your next visit.