This year we are announcing the Richardson Reads One Book author and title a little early so that everyone will have another great title on their reading lists as we navigate these challenging times.
This year's RROB Selection is William Kent Krueger's This Tender Land, September 16, 7:30 p.m. at the Richardson High School Auditorium. FREE tickets will be available at the Library beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 24.
This program is brought to you thanks to the many donations from our readers. If you are interested, donations will be accepted, made out to RROB, through mail: Richardson Reads One Book, c/o Richardson Public Library, 900 Civic Center Dr., Richardson, TX 75080. With a donation of $50 or more, you will receive a copy of the book, invitation to the author reception before the lecture, and VIP seating at the lecture. Your book will be set aside for you until the Library reopens. Thank you for your support!!!
WELCOME TO RICHARDSON READS ONE BOOK
Pick up your copy at Half Price Books Richardson!
Past Richardson Reads One Book selections have been:
- Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke (2019)
- The Circle by Dave Eggers (2018)
- Sing For Your Life by Daniel Bergner (2017)
- Spare Parts by Joshua Davis! (2016)
- We Are Called to Rise by Laura McBride (2015)
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (2014)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2013)
- One Amazing Thing by Chitra Divakaruni (2012)
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (2011)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (2010)
- Three Cups of Tea by David Oliver Relin and Greg Mortenson (2009)
- Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian (2008)
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (2007)
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (2006)
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (2005)
- Pay it Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde (2004)
The Sloan, Divakaruni, Ford, Stein, Relin, Bohjalian, Walls, Picoult, and Hyde author lectures are available on DVD at the library.
The Richardson Library
900 Civic Center Drive Richardson, Texas 75080
Contributions are welcomed and may be sent to RROB, c/o Richardson Public Library, 900 Civic Center Drive, Richardson, TX 75080. RROB is a 501(c)3 organization.
Thank you to all our donors. Major donors' logos are below. A complete list of donors can be found at right.
This program is made possible in part by:
The City of Richardson through the Richardson Arts Commission and by a grant from Humanities Texas, the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The mission of the Richardson Reads One Book program is to promote and support reading, and to develop aesthetic, cultural, educational, and related activities for the benefit of participating residents of the Richardson/RISD area. The goals of RROB are to build community participation in an annual program that selects and reads one particular book that is carefully chosen for its general interest as well as for its timely, thought-provoking issues; and to encourage citizens of our richly diverse community to come together to openly discuss the book and the issues it raises. The chosen book will be available in paperback and preferably will also be available in another format such as an audio recording or a film. The book will be accessible to high school as well as to adult audiences.
RROB Board of Directors:
- Jason Lemons, President
- Janet Vance, Vice President
- Steve Benson, Treasurer
- Susan Allison, Secretary
- Mindy Albert
- Leslie Benson
- Amy Brenkus-Trigg
- Jennifer Davidson
- Robin Gunter
- Jane Ito
- Jackie Johnston
- Laurie Garvie
- Cornelia Lundgren
- Mary Beth McLemore
- Jane Merz
- Jennifer Moore
- Terry Parsons
- Vrena Patrick
- Bonnie Perry
- Mimi Tanner