Free notary services are available to all patrons. Notaries are available most days, but are not always on duty. Please make an appointment by filling out a notary request online or by calling 972-744-4350. Please provide at least 24 hours notice.
- You must bring a valid photo ID (issued by a governmental agency, such as a driver’s license or passport) to the appointment to verify your identity.
- Your document must already include the notarial certificate. This means the document or form must clearly show where the notary should sign and add the notarial seal, as well as explain what the notary is acknowledging.
- Everyone who needs to sign the form must appear in person. Notaries cannot sign off on a signature unless the person signs the document at the appointment.
- You must bring your own witnesses. Library staff cannot serve as witnesses or ask other library patrons to serve as witnesses.
- Your documents must be in English.
- The notary will need to see the entire document in order to notarize any section of it, so please bring every page to your appointment.
- Texas notaries are not allowed to notarize or verify public record documents or photocopies of public record documents (such as passports, visas, diplomas, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.).
- Texas notaries are not allowed to certify an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form. Please contact your employer, who can often provide someone to help you with this step.