The Council will work to achieve a result that is in the best interest of our stakeholders. We will strive to keep our discussions relevant and productive and will be supportive of all Council decisions. While executing our duties, the Council will interact with staff, residents and other stakeholders:
- Respectfully: We are willing to listen to and evaluate differing ideas and opinions in a non-partisan manner
- Professionally: We are punctual, focused, present and prepared
- Efficiently: We value City resources and the time of others
The City of Richardson is a clean, safe, vibrant and inclusive community in which residents, businesses and other stakeholders enjoy a high quality of life and are proud to call home.
- For Richardson to be a place where people are proud to live,
work, invest and engage in the community.
- To have clear, easy-to-understand processes and policies that make it easy to interact with the City.
- To have stakeholders choose Richardson as the best place in
the region to locate, contribute and participate.
- To effectively and efficiently manage City resources while maintaining and enhancing City services.
- Enhance the quality of life of our stakeholders
- Protect and strengthen stakeholder investments in the City
Increase the sense of community and citizen engagement
Enhance the customer experience in interactions with the City
Manage city finances effectively and efficiently
Pursue public/private partnerships and contributions
Integrate innovative business processes
Attract, develop, and retain quality City employees
Attract and retain targeted businesses; Increase the number, quality, and variety of job opportunities throughout the City
Leverage our regional leadership position to positively impact County, State and Federal issues
Leverage media to effectively tell the Richardson story