Bob Dubey was elected to the City Council in May 2017. Prior to being elected, he served as the chairman of the City of Richardson Charter Review Commission (2014-15) and was the chairman of the City’s Park and Recreation Commission for four years after serving as Vice Chairman for two years.
Dubey has lived and worked in Richardson for more than 50 years, attending Richardson Independent School District (RISD) schools from K-12. In 2016, he retired from the RISD after 40 years of employment, as a teacher, coach and 17 years as the District’s Athletic Director. While with the RISD, he served as District University Interscholastic League (UIL) chairman, Regional Director for the Texas High School Athletic Directors Association (THSADA) and as THSADA president.
His awards are many:
- RISD Health Teacher of the Year,
- Meadows Foundation Award,
- Lifetime PTA Membership,
- State Award of Merit, National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association,
- Dallas Times Herald Metroplex Coach of the Year,
- Dallas Cowboys High School Coach of the Week,
- National Football Foundation Gridiron Club of Dallas Athletic Director of the Year,
- THSADA Athletic Director of the Year,
- THSADA Hall of Honor induction.
Dubey is a graduate of Southern Arkansas University and an alumni of Leadership Richardson Class XXIV. He and his wife, Tammy, have two children and three grandchildren.
City Council Assignments
Animal Services Advisory Commission Liaison