Modeled after the prestigious White House Fellows program, the Richardson Mayor's Summer Internship Program is a paid, eight-week summer internship that provides Richardson public high school students with jobs in their chosen industries of interest. In addition to real-life work experiences, the program exposes students to extensive, exemplary training; a high-energy, competitive job fair; and all-important lessons about giving back to the community.
- Provide at least one eight-week summer internship for a student from June 18th to August 10th.
- Provide a basic job from 20 to 40 hours per week that will allow the intern to observe the operation of the company, job shadow an executive, and have one-on-one conversations with managers and executives about college and career prospects.
- Sponsor an Intern to work at a local non-profit organization. If your company is not able to host an intern within your organization, you may sponsor an intern to work at a participating non-profit or government agency. Additional payroll charges apply.
- Pay the Intern the recommended minimum rate of $9 per hour
- Pay the program fee - $500. Program fee waived for all Intern Partners signing up in our inaugural year of the program.
- Join Mayor Paul Voelker, Superintendent Jeannie Stone along with your summer intern(s) at the 2018 Celebratory Luncheon in August 2018. Table sponsorships start at $1,500 and individual luncheon tickets are $125.
To qualify for acceptance into the Richardson Mayor’s Summer Internship Program, students must be at least 16 years of age, a rising senior living in the City of Richardson and be able to work in the United States. Students must also have a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average and have a solid attendance record. All students have been recommended to participate in the program by their high school principal.
Intern Partner Selection Process
- Review intern applications online and select candidates to interview at the RMSIP Job Fair in April
- Interview intern candidates at the RMSIP Job Fair in May
- Finalize intern selection in May and early June
- Internships begin on June 18 and ends August 10
For More Information
Community Relations Manager
Richardson Independent School District
p: (469) 593-0307
Education is Freedom
p: (469) 398-1470
Sign up Today: www.rmsip.org