Richardson Citizen Fire Academy is a program designed for persons living or working in the City of Richardson or RISD area who want to learn more about how the Richardson Fire Department is organized and operates.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
The following topics and points of interest are just a few issues covered in this program:
- Fire Department Organization
- Fire Department Training Programs
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire Safety / Prevention
- Fire / Arson Investigation
- Fire Apparatus Operations
- Critical Incident Stress Program
- Emergency Management
- Hands-on Training
- Live Demonstrations
- Participation in a 1 alarm Structure Fire Scenario
- Special Rescue Operations
The Academy is offered once a year and meets one evening per week for 10 weeks in the spring.
Class 18 has already been held and is concluded. Class 19 will begin in 2014.
The Academy meets at the Richardson Training Center, 2600 Owens Blvd., east of Plano Road (by Owens Sausage).
Download the application [PDF] using Adobe Acrobat and then return to:
Richardson Fire Department
c/o Fire Marshal
136 N. Greenville Ave.
Richardson, TX 75080
For more information: Contact the Fire Marshal at 136 N Greenville Ave., 972-744-5750.
CFA Class 18