City of Richardson water accounts include water, sewer, and trash services. A $75 deposit is required for new residential service activation. If you need to pay by cash or check, you are required to apply for service in person.
There are many ways to get water turned on for your new property:
- Apply Online
- Apply in-person at City Hall (411 W. Arapaho Rd.)
- Call Water Customer Service at 972-744-4120.
Senior Citizens: Richardson residents age 65 or older are eligible for a discount on their residential trash collection fee. Learn more about the senior discount.
A permit is required if you have a monitored alarm system in your home or business. Permits assist officers responding to an alarm by providing owner contact information, information about the alarm system, and information about your monitoring company. Permits must be renewed annually.
- Alarm Permit information and online application
- Customer Service: 972-831-7402
In Richardson, consumers can choose their electricity service from a variety of electric providers. The Power To Choose site, run by the Public Utility Commission of Texas, contains information on electric competition and allows you to shop for electricity providers.
Power Outages / Sparking Lines / Streetlight Outages - Oncor
Oncor Serve Website: Oncor has established a website specifically designed for builders and developers that need information quickly regarding the cost and time frame for Oncor to be able to serve the proposed business. This is for any sized residential or commercial building(s) regardless of size and especially includes data centers. The website allows them to not only input exact information, but they can also check on the status of a specific project at any time.
Tree Pruning: Oncor will trim trees around power lines. To submit a work request, call the Customer Contact Center: 888-313-6862 (Press Option 1 and then Option 3).
- Customer Service: 888-286-6700
- Anyone who thinks they smell natural gas inside their home or neighborhood should Act Fast! Leave the area immediately and call 911 and the Atmos Energy emergency line at 1.866.322.8667. To learn more about natural gas leak detection, visit: https://www.atmosenergy.com/safety/recognizing-leak
- The most common cause of outside natural gas leaks is digging or construction that disturbs natural gas pipelines. If you nick, scrape or dent a natural gas pipeline, call 911, then call Atmos Energy’s emergency number at 866-322-8667 so we can inspect the pipeline and make any needed repairs. Even minor damage can weaken a pipeline and lead to a future leak.
- For more information about preventing damage, view our brochure. Call 811 at least three business days before you want to dig to have underground utilities marked. It’s free. It’s safe, and it’s required by law.
- Pipeline Safety (Texas): https://www.atmosenergy.com/pipeline-projects/texas/texas
If you suspect you are a victim of a scam, then please contact the Atmos Customer Contact Center at 888-286-6700 Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (central).
INTERNET & TELEPHONE
Richardson has a variety of internet and phone service providers. Most residents have access to high-speed fiber or cable internet, with DSL available in some areas.
- New Service: 844-723-0252
- Repairs: 800-246-8464 or 800-286-8313
- Uverse: 800-288-2020 or 888-341-1270
- Fiber Project Help Desk: Email or 972-390-8478
- Drop Bury Help Desk: Email or 800-924-9420
- New Service: 855-243-8892
- Support: 800-892-4357